The ISI Tae Kwon Do Club began in April of 2011. The club was formed to provide an active program for community members of the Islamic School of Irving. This is an exclusive club which is only offered to Islamic School of Irving students, parents, teachers and faculty members.
The club was founded by the combined efforts of the ISI, ISI-PTO, Master James Holan and Eddie Shaw.
- ISI and ISI-PTO offer continued support of the club because of the benefits offered to participants.
- Master James Holan provides the facilities and tools that the club uses for training.
- The Shaw Family volunteer their time and expertise to the club.
To enhance the mind, body and spirit of members of the ISI community through physical activity and mental challenges in a way that allows an individual to grow and increase self-confidence.
- Rigorous physical activity
- Self-Respect and the Respect of others
- Mental stimulation
- Must be at least 6 years of age
- Must be a student, parent, grandparent. teacher or faculty member of the Islamic School of Irving
- Not currently a member of Texas Karate Do
- Signed liability waiver form on file
- $10 registration fee paid (cash only) *
- Islamically correct sweat pants and T-shirt or Karate uniform
* $10 fee covers the cost of the belt and test